Competitors' membrane systems
Water pass-through system
- Internal pressure type
- Water flow: From the inside of the membrane to the outside
Suspended matter: Adheres to the inside of the membrane
- Sufficient pre-treatment is required to prevent clogging.
- Sufficient care needs to be taken when using this on raw water with high turbidity.
- There is a large membrane area per membrane module unit of volume.
- Circulation filtration (cross-blow) type
- In this system, a flow is created parallel to the membrane surface, and filtration is performed while controlling the build-up of suspended solids from the membrane supply water along the membrane surface.
Raw water is flushed along the outside of the membrane, which knocks off contaminants adhering to the membrane surface.
- Back pressure washing system
- Cellulose acetate
- This is an organic membrane, so the membrane may become degraded by hydrolysis or bacterial attacks.